Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi elkay,

Does the printer actually drop off the network or are you just loosing the communication between the Mac PC and the printer?

Print out the network configuration page, and then scan and attach it to your reply for me to analize.  Follow the steps below to print a network configuration page from the product control panel.

1. Load plain, white paper in the product input tray.
  2. On the product control panel, touch the Right Arrow, and then touch Setup. The setup menu displays.
  3. Touch the Down Arrow, and then touch Reports.
  4. Touch Network Configuration Page. The product prints a network configuration page.

Do you notice this issue on more than one computer?

Follow the steps in the document below.

Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
It doesn't appear to be dropping off the network. It just drips its connection to the computer. I have the configuration page but I'm not sure how to attach it to this post. Maybe it's because I'm on my phone right now, but I don't see an image attachment button.
HP Recommended

Hi elkay,

When you are on your computer you should be able to see the attachments line right below the post message screen. Have you tried Uninstalling the printer from the Mac, and then reinstall it using the current software at the link below?

HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver - Mac OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8

Untitled.jpg

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I'm on my computer now and see how I can make an attachment.

On second thought I'm not completely sure that the printer is remaining connected to the wi-fi network.  It's hard to tell.

Attached are two copies of the network configuration page that I printed yesterday when I was working on this. On one you can see that it's not attached to the network, and on the second it is attached.

IMG_3490.jpgIMG_3491.jpg

HP Recommended

Yes, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer.  I've also restarted my wi-fi and the computer and the printer. I've updated the firmware on the printer.  None of these things have changed the behaviors.

HP Recommended

Hi elkay,

Did you already follow the steps in the document below.

Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection

What make and model of wireless router are you using?

How far is the printer from the router?

Have you tried connecting the printer to the router with an Ethernet cable to see if you experience the same issues?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Dear PC WIZARD:

You solved my problem last year and gave me a download to get my printer to scan and it gave me the HP Solutions icon that I was used to using. Recently I killed that computer with a water spill and have a brand computer that now has the same problem with my Officejet 6500. It will not scan.  I went to the "4 share" site to download the file again and it's still there. But the site looks different and I am having trouble getting it to work. Can you help me again? Below I copied your old message to me. My new computer is using Windows8 while the one you gave me the directions for was using Windows7. Hopefully this driver will work.  I had downloaded a 14.zip that did not work and you were the only person to give the the correct download which was a 13.zip. Thank you,  dkg51 

Re: HP 6500 Wireless does not scan Options

Hi dkg51,

Go to this link http://www.4shared.com/folder/NsDAU6RP/_online.html, and then download the file (OJ6500cE709_Full_13.zip). When it has completely downloaded extract the files, and then run the setup.exe file to install the printer.

HP Recommended

Hi dkg51,

The file I gave you before is only for Win 7, and will not work on Win 8. Have you tried using the utility below?

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems:

HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

Let me know what errors you receive?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

My printer connected for two pages of printing last night & it shows that it is connected now but it won't print any pages I try from my PC screen today and the usual troubleshooter that usually says Spooler problem doesnt show up just a notice there is an unsolvable problem.

HP Recommended

@pcwizard wrote:

Hi radensu3,

How far is the router from the printer?

What is the operating system on your computer?

Run the following firmware update Here

There is no firmware update at the location provided.

It is just a circular reference right back to the HP support page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.