Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My CD reader on my computer doesn't work.  Can I download sw from HP website to get my new printer to work?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

by the way, I have MS Windows XP home edition as my OS.

HP Recommended

Do you see the link at the top of this page which says 'Support & Drivers'? Just click on it to search and download the software for your printer.

I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
HP Recommended

I disagree with this solution.

In my machine which is XP Home 32bit, the result is a boot time request to re-install some HP software with a need to provide the original CD which contains STATUS.MSI.  This installation will not stop by cancelling or pressing the X button.  Only by going into Task Manager can it be killed but re-occurs each boot.

HP MUST provide this file online.  It is not like I'm pirating their printer here.

HP Recommended

The Status.msi file is included in installation CD that came with your printer. Browse through the contents of the CD and go to the path X:\setup\status, and the status.msi file will be located there. The next time you see the message asking you for the file, click on the Browse button and point it to the file in this path.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Yes it is a bit tough expecting him to read it off the CD when the CD doesnot work

HP Recommended

@diuris wrote:

Yes it is a bit tough expecting him to read it off the CD when the CD doesnot work

My last post was for ajm53188, not for the original poster!

HP Recommended

good use softwere

HP Recommended

Help, I need to install hp deskjet F4400 without CD

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.