Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet MFP M277dw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My laserjet MFP M277dw is printing perfectly even, but always very light, ureadable, unusable

This happens from whatever computer or source I print from. Also the demopage from inside the printer does this, so it has nothing to do with the driver.

Cartridges or all almost new and original HP.

Cleaning page has been done and the cartridges are placed correctly.

At this moment the printer is unusable (with new and expensive high capacity cartridges)

B/W or Color, all the same.

In the webpage interface I have already tried to raise the density to +2 on all and that makes the print slightly darker but still way too light.

This has happened before?

Any solutions?

Jeroen

JWTT

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please open the Setup menu on the printer and select Reports, then print a Printer Status Report, as well as a Configuration Page too.

Please include a picture of the printed reports and share it with me privately via a private message, to get a better understanding of any possible cause.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.