Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserJet Pro M1212nf MFP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Everthing was working just fine until the power flickered.

It will say "initializing" on the display and then display "ready" and then about 30 seconds later, it repeats the process nonstop.

Just so that you know, I have removed the ink cartridge and with the power on, unplugged the power cable from the printer itself and the wall and left it unplugged for 10 minutes, which is way longer than suggested. I have also pressed the power button down for approximately 30 seconds to "drain" residual power.

No, it is not plugged into a power strip or surge protector. It's plugged directly into the wall. 

I have factory reset all the settings on the printer and reconnected everythig to my network.

Someone suggested that I upgrade the firmware since nothing else has worked.

I have printed the configuration page and verified that my firmware is datestamped 20130912 and there is an updated version available on the hp site.

After downloading the firmware and attempting to install, a popup appears and states that I need to make sure that RFU is turned on...

I have looked under the service menu  options on the printer itself and I have also logged into the device's settings using it's IP address  in a browser and there are NO such settings for me to enable or turn on this feature.

I attempted to push the firmware to the printer anyway and this is the message that I am receiving:

"hp printer update cannot communicate with the product. The product might have changed network settings as a result of the firmware update or it might be restarting"

I don't see that any of my network settings have changed and the printer is not restarting.

I really appreciate the help in advance!

Best Regards,

Jon

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Can it come to ready and if it can print anything?

If it's not maybe you want to take a look of this one.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Printer-will-not-initialize/m-p/6931055/Pop_SU#M3592...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.