Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro m102w
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I am trying to get this printer set up on the wireless.  I've tried it using the HP Easy Start 2 app both wirelessly and wired.  I've restarted my computer several times, ive restored the printer many times . . . nothing seems to work.  What happes is that as the Easy Start program is setting up the printer, I either get:

-When setting up wirelessly: Cannot join network, please check user name and password.

OR

-When setting up wired: Please disconnect the USB cord.

I do have the correct Wifi Password and there are no cords connecected to the printer other than the power cable.

When I print a configuration page or look at the config through the web browswer, I can see my printer and mess with it's configuration but I still can't get it to print anything.  It will print a test report from the configuration screen but it will not print anything from my computer and I can't see it on AirPrint.  The Wireless Configuration shows:

Disconnect the network cable in order to activate the wireless connection.

Again, there are no cables connected to the printer other than the power cable.  This is extremely frustrating and I need a quick solution.  Otherwise, I'll just take this back as defective and try something other than HP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Never mind.  Obviously this is not going to work.  I'm taking it back and trying something different.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

OK, now I upgraded the firmware which caused it to show "connected" in the wireless configuration window.  However, I still can't get it to print anything.  Easy Start 2 setup does not finish, it just says something like "Can't connect to selected network."  I'll try turning off the firewall and see if that gets anywhere . . . 

HP Recommended

Never mind.  Obviously this is not going to work.  I'm taking it back and trying something different.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.