12-11-2017 06:20 PM
After changing toner cartridges I receive the error 'Initializing...' The MFP will NOT get out of this loop ?
Please send me a solution (!)
12-13-2017 07:14 AM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.
I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf Multifunction Printer. After installing the toner cartridges, the printer is stuck on "initializing" message and does not get out of this.
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
If the issue persists then let us perform an NVRAM reset. This reset will completely reset the printer to its original factory settings. I have sent you a private message with the reset steps.
I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂
01-13-2020 08:22 PM
Stuck in Initialization mode, then blank, that always points at you have a bad formatter needed to be replaced.
You can try Reset first to see if it helps and if it doesn't then you can try to bake it next.
If all of these fail then you have to replace the formatter.