Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
m254dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Can any one help me in locating this version of the firmware for m254dw printer please?  HP_Color_LaserJet_Pro_M254_dw_Printer_series_20171210.exe

I need that version of the firmware but cannot find it,

Your help is really appreciated...

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Here ya go. 
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/FW_CPE_Consumer/M254dw/HP_Color_LaserJet_Pro_M254_dw_Print...

Edit: Im sorry, i had a older link saved, but after i posted i noticed its changes to the recent firmware. 

Just a electronics enthusiast trying to fix everything.
If this reply was helpful, click on the "yes" below to let others know. 🙂
If i solved your problem, please mark your thread solved:)

HP Recommended

Thanks for looking, I also had the same experience as you, the link ends up taking you to the newer firmware.

I simply cannot find the original firmware dated 20171210.

If anyone has the original firmware, I’d be very grateful if they can share it.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Can I ask you why do you need an outdated firmware ? 

HP Recommended

This was the original firmware that came with my printer... but it did an auto firmware update, and now my compatible toners are reporting Memory Supply Error... They were working absoluting fine until the firmware update. If I put my old HP cartridges in, the error goes away, put my trusty compatibles and they are now refused...

Not sure of your geographical location, here in the UK (EU) this goes against consumer rights to prevent a customer from using  compatible toners. 

HP Recommended

I'm not sure hp printer firmware is downgradable

HP Recommended

There's evidence of some success here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/how-to-revert-fix-recent-firmware-update-fo...

albeit a different model... but hoping the same logic applies on m254dw...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.