Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
m477fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

m477 prints some pages with intermittent round spots that contain some color and some white area. One page may print correctly, the next with the spot and the next correctly. The spot is also not in the same place or the same color.  The attached snip has an example:

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Jim_Hoffman,

If this issue appears to both blakc&white pages and coloured ones, then I suggest that you take a look at the ITB (Intermediate Transfer Belt). Inspect the belt carefully for any sign of damage (especially with the same mark as in your prints). If this is the case, then replacing the ITB would resolve your issue.

I hope that helps,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I would suggest you to print Cleaning Page on the Printer Once using following Steps:

Setup >> Service >> Cleaning Page >> Load Media and press Ok.

Note : The printer prints the first side and then prompts you to remove the page from the output bin and reload
it in Tray 1, keeping the same orientation. Wait until the process is complete. Discard the page that
prints.

Also, check if the cartridge replacement is required and do the needful.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. I did already do the Print Cleaning Page although I do have a question about it. Is the second page supposed to print on the same side or the opposite side? I don't think it should matter but I thought I would ask anyway.

Secondly, the supply report estimates 10% left on Black and 30% on another. The other two are much higher. I am assuming that those levels should be enough. Please let me know your opinion.

HP Recommended

I would suggest you to replace the cartridge once and check, becasue most of the times replacing cartridges helps to resolve such issues.

HP Recommended

I would suggest you to replace the cartridge once and check, becasue most of the times replacing cartridges helps to resolve such issues.

HP Recommended

Hi @Jim_Hoffman,

If this issue appears to both blakc&white pages and coloured ones, then I suggest that you take a look at the ITB (Intermediate Transfer Belt). Inspect the belt carefully for any sign of damage (especially with the same mark as in your prints). If this is the case, then replacing the ITB would resolve your issue.

I hope that helps,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

I did a little further testing and did several "Print Quality" pages and about every other one showed the same problem and every other one did not. Each time it showed it was in a different color which probably eliminates toner as the issue. Also the problem  did not show in the same spot vertically but was in the same position horizontally.

HP Recommended

I believe that the ITB is the problem. Do I order that from HP directly or can I get it from other suppliers?

HP Recommended

Just make sure you order the correct part.

Intermediate Transfer Belt (ITB) part number: RM2-6454-000CN

ALEX-TATS
I am not a HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.