HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,214
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

magenta streak on output sheets

Hi @brianguy,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. As I understand you are having print quality issues while printing from your HP printer. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model of the printer? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you followed all the steps suggested in the support document for Fixing print quality issues?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If you haven't followed all the steps suggested in the support document for Fixing print quality issues, please go through this link:  https://support.hp.com/ please enter the product number, then click on Troubleshooting and then click on the drop down to select Print - and Under Print you have Print Quality, please go through all the steps and let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Please respond to this post with the details of the product so that I can provide you with an accurate steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,000
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hate to tell you but magneta defects can only come from one place and that is the toner cartridge. Are these HP OEM newer toners for aftermarket or older HP toners. If it was an issue with the printer then other colors would also leave streaks.  If aftermarket or older hp toners, there is a wiper blade in each toner cartridge and older toners sometimes have issue of that blade having defects which allows toner to not go into the waste bin of the cartridge but rather appear on the next print. If possible post a copy of your config page and the supplies status page.

0 Kudos
brianguy
Level 1
9 4 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Model is 2605

Tried power on/off but no difference.

Link to exact model number says "I'm sorry!"

Have used 2 HP original cartridges - same issue

Thanks in anticipation

Brian

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation