Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laser jet m1212nf mfp
Chrome OS

My printer is in "cloud printing" it won't print, on the printer "cloud print manage" screen, I go to the printer (listed) and go to details it tells me printer is online and connected, but also on the list (on details) it tells me "location not avaiable"

HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @paul701,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here is something that I came across that may help troubleshoot this issue - Google Cloud Print Help Center.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @paul701,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you are using an HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf Multifunction Printer with a Chrome OS and you are unable to print because you are getting a "location not available" message. I would like to help with that.

The first thing i would suggest is making sure the printer is selected in the print dialog box.

Here is a support document intended for reference when printing using Google Cloud Print - Setting Up and Printing on a Chromebook.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi rb011,

Thanks for your response and yes my printer was in the dialog box, having said that I have since disconnected my printer from the shared computer decidng to start from square one and restart with connecting the printer as (like new) and now I'm worse off, the printer won't connect at all. So I am waiting for outside help.

Thanks foryour assitance.

Regards,

Paul.

HP Recommended

Hi @paul701,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here is something that I came across that may help troubleshoot this issue - Google Cloud Print Help Center.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi rb011,

I finally fixed it, after dumping all the printers I reloaded the printer (as new) connected with USB cable to my ThinkPad, got that working, then tried printing from my Chromebook and it works (with the USB connected. Not what I had originally but OK.

Thanks for your help.

Paul.

HP Recommended

Hi @paul701,

Glad to hear you are able to print again.

Please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons up on my initial reply above so others with similar issues can find the solution easier.

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.