Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi clem,

Thanks for your response with all of your information, I am sorry to hear the steps did not work. I have found a thorough troubleshooting guide for you to follow next. These steps will be specifically for the installation stopping and not completing.

You will have to click on your Operating System before the guide populates.

The Progress Bar on the Software Installation Stops or Stalls

I really hope this helps you!

Take careSmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hey Rainbow 7000, I had the same problem.  I thought I had uninstalled but did not know of this driver removal utility. 

Thanks so much.  My problem is resolved.  I was able to install the C309a software and it didn't ask for the shl.ice file.

Resolved. 

HP Recommended

I am getting same error on Windows 8.1 OS, many others have same issue. Can HP provide simple solution or patch as the printer is useless without HP solution center.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a new laptop, 64-bit, Win8.1 and am trying to get a printer driver for an HP Photosmart C410a.  When using the Printer Driver Wizard I get all the through to the Install screen, but I get the error message about a missing file.

AppData\Local\Temp\7zS0ADA\Setup\hpzshl.....

I am trying to install the HP Solution for Hp Photosmart C410a. I have uninstalled all Hp software.  I have read the logs and see the same error everytime, but I have been unable to resolve the problem.

I uninstall all printer software and drivers. Then download the HP Photosmart Premium C410a Drivers  (PS_AIO_07_C410_140_408) and save them in my desktop then install them and have the same error.  Please I need help.

Thanks....

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I upgraded for widnows 8 (single language) and I cannot intall the printer I have tried many softwares of yours but no one have halped me. All of them shows that this file is missing and I cannot procide with the installation

HP Recommended

What worked for me was uninstalling McAfee Live Safe.... Then everything worked!

HP Recommended

Eureka

you are a genious!!!

How is it posible HP service didn't think about that before?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.