Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp lasejet pro mfp m225 dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my  hp lasejet pro mfp m225 dn came with a box of 78A toner, is this toner compatible with my printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No, that is not the right toner for your printer. The 78A (CE278A) is for the HP LJ Pro P1606 and will not fit your printer. Your printer requires the HP 83A (CF283A) Toner Cartridge, or the HP 83X (CF283X) Toner Cartridge. The box should list the model of printers that it is compatible with. You should contact whoever you got it from and get the right toner.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

No, that is not the right toner for your printer. The 78A (CE278A) is for the HP LJ Pro P1606 and will not fit your printer. Your printer requires the HP 83A (CF283A) Toner Cartridge, or the HP 83X (CF283X) Toner Cartridge. The box should list the model of printers that it is compatible with. You should contact whoever you got it from and get the right toner.

HP Recommended

Thank you, I will see if I can exchange the cartridge for the right one. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.