Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

its printing ink floated blank pages

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@greatwoman, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Inspect the toner cartridge for damage:

1. Remove the toner cartridge from the product and verify that the sealing tape has been removed.
2. Check the memory chip for damage.
3. Examine the surface of the imaging drum on the bottom of the toner cartridge.
CAUTION: Do not touch the roller (imaging drum) on the bottom of the cartridge.

Fingerprints on the imaging drum can cause print-quality problems.
4. If you see any scratches, fingerprints, the toner on the drum or other damage on the imaging drum, replace the toner.
5. If the imaging drum does not appear to be damaged, rock the toner cartridge gently several times and reinstall it. Print a few pages to see if the problem has resolved.

I have provided a document for cleaning inside the printer and running a cleaning page, resetting the printer and checking the driver settings. Resolving Print Quality Issues.

Try printing a document again.

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.