Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I just got this wired printer yesterday (hp deskjet ink 2132). After puting it together and following the step I did not print or respond to copy or scan. The message is printer in error state. I tied all what i know and was connected to support group (in India). who were  dishoest and refused to fix it. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Ahly,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post and see that you are unable to print. You are getting the error message "can't start printer". I will certainly do my best to help you. 

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the Operating System installed on the PC? Is it Windows or Mac OS

Did you make any changes on the printer before the issue started?

Are you using genuine HP ink cartridges or refilled cartridges?

In the meantime, while you respond, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

If you’re running Windows, I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. Please use this link to help you with that information: http://hp.care/2biN2XE 

Try printing a Self Test Page. HP DeskJet 2130 Printers - Printing a Self-Test Page.

Please respond to this post with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance. 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry...four attempt sfailed. I am on my way to return the printer (second one). Your colleage in India I think did not fix it either because he wanted to sell me his services for my perfectly working computer

So Much for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi @Ahly,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.