11-16-2019 10:51 AM
HP color laser jet pro M254dw.
my printer makes a strong noise, in the back, whenever I print.
changing cartridge didn't help.
I think it is related to the paper moving inside the printer.
11-18-2019 01:04 PM
@Wim1959, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Check for any paper jams inside the printer.
Perform step 1 mentioned in this document.
Try reinstalling the ink toners in the printer. if the issue persists, resetting the printer to its factory settings may help.
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee