etweek
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

not printing

HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet MFP M281fdw
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Just installed new ink cartridges and went to print a job.

It says its printing in the print queue, but nothing happens

1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,504
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@etweek,

Good Day.  A warm welcome to the HP community.  I will be glad to assist you and let’s get right to it. Great observations and presentation of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Are you able to make photocopies directly from the printer without any communication from the computer?.
  • Is it a USB or wireless connection?

Meanwhile, I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:

Now make 2 photocopies directly from the printer without any communication from the MacBook.

If it copies correctly, then perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/id-en/product/hp-deskjet-gt-5820-all-in-one-printer-series/8109015/document/c... (HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Mac)

• Just that when you delete the printer make sure to add the printer as  Apple AirPrint or Secure AirPrint and nothing else. (Don’t add it as an HP printer. This is important.)

This should do the trick for you.

If it fails to copy correctly, then it is possible that the newly replaced toner may be faulty and may need to be replaced.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation