Did you mean: 
kblondhiway
3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

paper jam tray 1

MFP M276NW

Won't print.  Error message is "jam in tray 1, clear and hit ok".  I cannot find a schematic of how to get into the rollers area in tray 1.  Nothing matches when I search online.  The picture to get into tray 1 is not correct for my printer, yet the model matches.  How do you get in behind the ink cartridges to get to the rollers where I must have a piece of paper stuck? My tray does not lift from underneath the glass as it shows in the troubleshooting for a paper jam for my printer, so I'm really perplexed.

Help!

Betsy

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,417
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

paper jam tray 1

Hi @kblondhiway,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you require assistance regarding clearing paper jams. I will be a delight to assist you here.:)

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this occur after a recent power surge or outage?
  • Did a real paper jam occur?

For now, I will be giving you some links for different trays and jams Please select the relevant link and follow all the steps in that link to clear the paper jams.

If the problem continues, please contact HP phone support for further assistance as the issue may be hardware related.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• (1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • (2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • (3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • (4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
kblondhiway
3 1 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

paper jam tray 1

Thanks David.  But here's the rub.  I went to the link you provided, went to cartridge jam and the first thing it shows is to lift the scanner assembly.  My machine does not open like that.  You can't lift up underneath the glass.  Second in figure 2 it says to open the top cover.  The diagram does not like my printer.  Figure 3 says to remvoe the toner cartridge.  My toner cartridge is a tray that slides out of the front, so when I remove all of them, there are still no rollers to look for a jammed piece of paper.

This did not occur after a power outage.  It occured with the first piece of paper I printed after reloading the paper tray.  I've pulled out the entire output tray and looked inside.  There is no paper there.  

But I still cannot get inside where the rollers are.  And everytime I reset, it says I have a jam in tray 1.  Clear jam and press OK.  I've done that a hundred times and same error.

I wish I could send you a picture of my machine, but it does NOT open as it shows in the instructions for clearing the paper jam from the cartridge assembly.  The only thing I can lift upward is to gain access to place a paper on the glass for copy or scanning.  I wish I could send you a picture.  Maybe I'm totally missing something here, but can't figure this out.

I don't know what else to try.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,417
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

paper jam tray 1

Hi @kblondhiway,

I read your quick response completely. You've displayed a great temperament and immense patience to get the issue resolved. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂  It has been amazing working with you. I am always there to assist you if needed.  It has been an absolute honor to share this platform with you. 😉

It requires an interaction on the phone to try and resolve the issue. Please contact HP phone support for further assistance by following the steps from my previous post. If the printer's hardware is faulty, then please get it replaced.

Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. I honestly hope the product works great and stays healthy for a long time. 

If this helps, please mark my post as an Accepted Solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Please remember if you as a customer do it, it will motivate us to assist a lot of other customers and churn out more solutions for their benefit.

Thanks and have a beautiful year ahead. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
btyson311
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

paper jam tray 1

I have the Lazerjet Pro 400 M451dn and it is saying the same error message, but there is no jam anywhere on the machine.  I have tried everything (opened up all locations where a jam could be), but can not clear the error message.  Is there a way to clear the error message so I can print?

Thanks

0 Kudos
19,789 15,124 308 1,174
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

paper jam tray 1

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation