Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet M479
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I can't get notecards to print from Adobe InDesign CC 2019 release. This is a new printer and this file has printed to several other printers no problem. Preivously I just specified manual printing and it chose the manual tray and printed. Here I reset the paper settings for both trays on the printer, but when I send the 4 x 6 file the printer says load letter size paper or click ok to use current paper, but the paper print out comes out blank. I can make custom sized paper in InDesign, but the printer driver doesn't let me choose the custom notecard document that I set up.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Curious as you say you reset paper sizes on the printer. Do you have the MP tray set to 4x6 paper? I ask because it is not clear. As this is a standard paper size it should not be causing a problem. But if you have tray 1 set to any/any it will often cause issues when attempting to print from sizes other than letter.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I used the Air printer as recommended some where else in this community, and it worked. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.