ethabo
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

printing error with USB cable

HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6958
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I tried to print a document but i could not find the printer on my mac. I already tried adding the printer to the laptop but it would not show up when i tried to "add" the printer. i tried putting the IP in to find it but it also did not search the printer up. I have also tried to use the hp help services online and unplugged the power cord from the printer but it still was not found on my computer. I am trying to print with USB cable. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,537
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ethabo

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet 6958 All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer does not print and cannot be found from the Mac computer. Also, while trying to search it via the IP address does not find the printer. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Does the printer not print via USB and wirelessly both?
  • Have you installed the drivers for the printer?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to reset the printing system in Mac. 

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

ethabo
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The printer does not print vis USB and when i tried to use wireless printing, it also did not work. I tried solving the issue by buying another USB cable but it still did not show up on the “add” icon. I downloaded a application that tried letting my printer do wireless printing but the printer still did not show up. I do not know where to download the driver for the printer.
0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,537
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ethabo

Glad to hear from you. I truly appreciate your efforts.

I suggest you to update the firmware on the printer and then try to connect it wirelessly.

You need to install the HP Easy Start. This is a new way to set up your HP printer and prepare your Mac for printing. HP Easy Start will locate and install the latest software for your printer and then guide you through printer setup.

Hope this works out. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation