Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I need to feed my postcards from tray 1, because I use my tray2 for A4 paipar.

I use pre-printed postcards which is printed  in one side and I would like to print to the other side of the postcards.

I adjust, from my printers display, settup/ system setup / paipar setup / Tray 1 / HP Glossy 200g

And Tray 1 / papar size / A6

When I feed the postcard to Tray 1, the machine gets it, and in the display I get:

"Tray1: A6

To Change the tray paper size, presss Modyfy.

To accept the current value, press OK."

In my computer / Software I have these settings:

http://prntscr.com/qglrzl

when I accept all and machine tries to print, I get this message in the dispaly:

"Load tray 1.

HP 200 g, letter

Or presss OK to use available media"

If I accept and press the Ok, then I get my A4 paipar printed out.

And If I cancel, then printing job is canceled!

What can I do that my machine process further my postcards and print it?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@EmilShamloo

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

1. On the home screen of the control panel, swipe left, and then touch the Setup icon.

2. Swipe down, and then touch Service.

3. Touch Cleaning Page.

4. Load plain letter or A4 paper in Tray 1 when the printer prompts you, and then press OK to begin the cleaning process.

5. Wait until the process is complete, and then recycle the page that prints.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m280-m281-multifunction-printer-series/14...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

From what you state, when you go to print, your program is sending a letter sized paper request. When you press ok it is taking the closest paper to letter loaded which is your A4 in tray 2. A setting in your program is not getting the printer on A6 message. What application are you printing from and have you setup the media size in the application? The application might be overriding the driver settings.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I am using "Textmaker" to print.

I can check with other PC with Microsoft Office to see if it will help.

Am I thinking correct?

1. printing A4 from tray2

2. printing A6 from tray1

And feed A6 postcards from tray1 each time I need them to be printed?

3. These postcards has one side preprinted and backside.

Should I feed postcards to tray1 facedown / preprinted side down?

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello, I do not think you've got exactly what I ment.

I have other question.My printer ask for A6 paiper and I feed A6 from tray 1, when the machine gets the postcard, it stops in the machine and I get paipar jam message!Then I open first the tray 2, then take out tray 1 and I see the postcard to stoped in the top of tray 1.

please, look at the picture:

postcard.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.