Did you mean: 
moggers
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printing preferences locked

laserjet mi5w

HI I have just set up my laserjet m15w and in the printing preferences its giving me a really basic window when I want to be able to change stuff in it like to draft etc but nothing is coming up , is this what I am supposed to have or should I have more options, on my inkjet printer I can change everything in my printer settings but not on this one, I have reinstalled the full oackage driver/software etc, restarted and still get this and everything has locked next to it 

m15.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Level 16
Level 16
26,371 26,095 4,656 10,243
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is expected, any preconfigured shortcut is locked for editing.

You may change whatever settings you need, then click Save as to save your own preset, any newly created shortcut won't be locked.

Settings like draft quality can be set under Paper/Quality, if you do not see Draft look for EconoMode, after changing the setting be sure to save a shortcut.

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
moggers
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

m15 2.JPGm15 1.JPGHi thanks for your answer, there are no settings under the paper quality to change to draft it only asks the the paper weight that is it, I cant change the standard of the print anywhere or change to greyscale anywhere, it looks like just a really basic print set up when all my other printers I can go into the settings and change everything, there is no economode anywhere

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
26,371 26,095 4,656 10,243
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Right-click the printer icon and select Printer Properties.

Within the Advanced tab, can you see the printer model as the driver, or maybe a generic PCLmS driver by any chance?

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation