Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

@geminiCoder, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As mentioned in the above posts, HP Easy Scan is not yet supported by macOS 10.15 Catalina. Refer to this document for more info.

Kindly use Apple Image Capture to scan. Click here to know how to scan using Apple Image Capture.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar, it was promised almost a month ago to fix this issue and provide an update. It is a shame that such company as HP cannot update their software a whole month. We are almost in 2020.

HP Recommended

@Nmirontsev

HP is working with Apple to get HP Easy Scan and other scanning functions back to full functionality as quickly as possible. 

Thanks for understanding.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was having the same issue this morning. Here's how I resolved: simply replace the HP Easy Scan app with the HP Smart app.

1. Go to the App Store

2. Download the app HP Smart

3. Install

4. Start using this app, instead of HP Easy Scan

The HP Smart has better interface, and it doesn't have the issue of scanning documents from the glass scanner.

HP Recommended

@RFurtado

Glad to know that you found the solution. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Are you seriously thanking a user for finding "the" solution HP could not provide themselves??? I mean, while this is clearly not "the" solution (since it requires activating a scan of each page, when using the flatbed, on the Mac rather than on the HP scanner), it is far superior to the Apple Image Capture that you had suggested!

HP Recommended

@ghentuser, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

It is a workaround that enables the user to achieve his requirement until the updated version of HP Easy Scan is released. The previous user has put some effort to find a possible solution and post it on the Community page to help other users.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please do fix this. I had no idea why it was no longer working the last few weeks and I reset to factory settings, etc. I don't understand why HP wouldn't consider this a top priority, if you want us to continue to use and buy your products. 

HP Recommended

@DragaP

We're actively working to restore complete functionality. I suggest using HP Smart app or Apple Image capture to scan from your MAC. Kindly refer to this document to know how. 

Refer to this document for more info on HP Easy Scan.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When will HP Easy Scan be again supported on MacOS?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.