Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

@marxbro2

I understand your concerns but as of now there are no updates from HP's RnD Team or from Apple. Both HP and Apple are working on this issue to get it fixed soon

You can also refer this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06455960

Thank you 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

An efficient work-around that has not yet been mentioned in this thread (I think) is to use "scan to email". For me, this is better than the HP Smart App, because the latter requires me to give the scan instructions on my laptop

With "scan to email" you give the instructions (and turn the pages, if required) on the HP scanner itself, just as with the Easy Scan. You can leave your laptop or other Catalina machine where it lives. (My HP multifunctional is in a different room from my own workstation.)

HP Recommended

I'm getting the same error message on Mac OS Catalina when using HP scan, however I found a workaround by going to System Settings/Printers and selecting the "Scan" tab and pressing the "open scanner" button. This opens a different scan window where you can still select the flat bed for scanning.

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem after I updated my MacBook Pro to Catalina 

Anyone have a fix?

HP Recommended

download and install the HP Smart App. That ended up being the answer that worked for me. Not sure why HP is claiming they are "working on an update" to their older HP Easy Scan app

HP Recommended

Hey Maxbro

Took your advice & the HP Smart app works a treat

Thanks for taking the time to post

All the best

Heng

HP Recommended

I had the same issue with OS X 10.15.2

I upgraded to 10.15.3 and it fixed the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06455960

HP Recommended

Downloading the 'HP Smart' app will also fix the problem & seems to provide great functionality

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.