Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Tutor
Message 1 of 3 (142 Views)

"E-print unavailable at this time" error message

Product Name: Deskjet 3634

I am unable to print. I know on the top of the printer you can press the 'i" button and e-print button at the same time. When I do it gives me the printer's email address and states it is 'web connected' and and has its own email address.

So what could be the problem if its not a connection issue. 

I would really appreciate some help. I need to print some papers for work.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (117 Views)

Re: "E-print unavailable at this time" error message

Hi! @catlover26, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand when you print from your printer you are getting eprint unavailable at this time error.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please provide the operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned when you print from your printer you are getting eprint unavailable at this time error.

First, set the printer to default under devices and printers.

In the search type devices and printers and open devices and printers.

Right-click on your printer and select set as default printer.

Also, download and run print and scan doctor on your PC.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP print and scan doctor.

Also, try assigning a google DNS to your printer and check if it helps.

Print a network configuration page from the printer and take note of the IP address listed.

Enter this IP address in the address bar of the browser on your system.

The printer's configuration page should load.

Click on Network at the top.

Click on Networking on the left.

Click on Proxy Settings on the left.
Is the Proxy Settings blank or is something there? If they are not blank, make them blank and save the changes.

Next, click on Network Address (IP) on the left.

Change the DNS settings to manual and enter the following information.
Preferred = 8.8.8.8
Alternate = 8.8.4.4

These are Google's public DNS servers. This should only impact the printer, but using Google's DNS servers can help with ePrint issues.

If the issue still persists uninstall the printer software from root level and install the full feature printer software.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

You can install the full feature printer software using this link.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Tutor
Message 3 of 3 (56 Views)

Re: "E-print unavailable at this time" error message

Ok I should have explained that I have a Google Chromebook. So I cannot download anything. When I try to print several printers are listed .Finally I chose one that worked so lately I have been able to print but tonight something changed and it gave me an error message that it was unable to print. 

When the print 'screen' comes up it doesn't allow me to delete any of them. I can change them to set one as the 'default'. I have changed back and forth between the ones listed but right now none of them are printing. I can print from my phone but unfortunately the kind of work I do all the documents I need are not available to print via phone.

I may end up just getting fed up and buying a new printer. This one was relatively inexpensive and I am tired of fooling with it but if you can think of anything that I could do to make it print I would appreciate it.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation