Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro color M451
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently switched internet companies.  I was trying to change my printer to work with my new wireless network.  I can't get my printer to connect with the new  network.  There is a password on my printer but I don't remember what it is and I can't access some of my menus to figure it out.  I am getting a message that my 'menu access is disabled."  I attempted to uninstall my printer and reinstall but I can't do that either because I got another message that says "an install operation took too long to execute."  So now I can't install the printer either.

Can anyone tell me what I can do?  I tried to reset to the factory settings but I can't get to that menu either.  Please HELP!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

LCD control panel models: Press and hold both the left arrow button and the Cancel button (), and then turn the printer on.

It should be showing Permanent Storage Init. displays on the control panel, release the button(s).

Then the printer release hard reset.

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Good morning,

With Laser Jet M451 contain a Pre initializing reset,

1. Turn the printer off
  2.  Press and hold the lower left quadrant of the touch screen where the Ready status is normally displayed, and then turn the printer on.
  3. When the Permanent Storage Init. displays on the control panel, release the button(s).

All above steps delete all settings and configs files. (DeepFactory reset).

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying to my problem.  My printer, Laserjet Pro colorM451 does not have a touch screen LCD.  So I can't hold down the lower left quadrant.  I has a small LCD screen that I uses arrows to go from menu to menu.

Is it anyway to reset this printer. 

I still need help desperately!

HP Recommended

LCD control panel models: Press and hold both the left arrow button and the Cancel button (), and then turn the printer on.

It should be showing Permanent Storage Init. displays on the control panel, release the button(s).

Then the printer release hard reset.

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.