Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M148fdw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Replaced the factory shipped toner three months ago with a HP94X (p/n CF294X).  Ever since then, after EVERY print job this window pops up.  Any ideas on why this is occurring, as well as how to remedy?  Thanks icf294x.pngn advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dracovivi Welcome to HP Community!

follow these steps to disable the notification from the Device Settings tab:

1. Open the Devices and Printers folder, right-click the HP Printer, and then select Properties.

2. Click the Device Settings tab.

3. In the Installable Options section, set Printer Status Notification to either Enable or Disable.

4. Click OK.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, however I do not have that option available for the printer (default) name HP LaserJet Pro M148f-M149f PCL6 (V3) (Network).  Any attempt on clicking the [UPDATE NOW] button on the window doesn't go anywhere.

M148f PropertiesM148f Properties

This only seems to occur when I print with this printer, after seeing your image referring to the PCL 6 printer I checked the properties of both the PCL 6 and the PS "Printers", neither of which have the option you have shown in your post,

HP Universal Printing PS PropertiesHP Universal Printing PS PropertiesHP Universal Printing PCL 6 PropertiesHP Universal Printing PCL 6 Propertiesbut printing with either of them doesn't generate the notification pop-up window that the actual printer generates (since the installation of the new 94X High Yield Toner).

So, I guess one solution is to just continue to use the PCL6 or PS version and not the actual printer, unless you may have any other suggestions.  I have used the most recent driver package available and any search online updates, within windows device manager for driver updates, returns that I have the most recent updates installed.

HP Recommended

@Dracovivi Alright, there are a few more things we can do in your scenario, remove the toner cartridge, clean the contacts and install it back,

once done, add the printer using PCL6 by clicking here for the new drivers.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.