2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

scan to e-mail with mfp m177fw, no Administration link in EWS

color laserjet pro mfp m177fw

Dear reader,

scan to e-mail with mfp m177fw, has no Administration link in EWS. Is this option not possible on m177fw or is there a EWS update available?

Thank's for input and with my best regards,

WB

4 REPLIES 4
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1070 1066 96 188
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This device only scans to email if you have the correct HP applications that are part of a full install. It does not support direct scan to email present on higher end Pro and Enterprise models. Have not used this one but likey, it performs similar to other models where the scan to email just opens your email program and attaches the file to  a new email.

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
Provost Provost
Provost
24555 24312 4391 9349
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

You may also scan to email using the Apps menu, the Scan to Email app should be available for your printer and provide basic scan capabilities.

For any issues enabling Web Services, ensure your printer is connected to the network and be sure to install the latest firmware for your printer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Color-LaserJet-Pro-MFP-M177-series/5303438/model...

If your printer does not have the Scan to Email app on the printer control panel, you can enable the Scan to Email app from the HP Connected website.

1. From your printer control panel, make sure that Web Services has been enabled.
    If you have not yet enabled Web Services on your printer, go to Getting Started with ePrint.
    note:
    Web Services must be enabled on your printer to use the Scan to Email app. If Web Services is disabled, the Scan to Email app does not work.
  2. Go to HP Connected, then either sign up for a new account or sign in to your existing account.
  3. Click the Services tab, then click Printables.
  4. Next to My Printables on, click the down arrow to select your printer from the drop-down list.
    If your printer is not listed, click the Add a Device tab, then follow the on-screen instructions to add your printer to your HP Connected account.
  5. Scroll to Search Printables, type Scan to Email in the search box, then press Enter.
  6. From the list of search results, click the Scan to Email app icon, then click Add to My Printables.
  7. Click Apps > Scan to Email to scan from the printer front panel.

Be aware that this is a limited cloud feature, allowing Letter size document scanning and 4 x 6 Photos scanning.

Digital Filing capabilities are not offered for the M177 printer, therefore no such option can be found in the EWS, any such feature is not offered by your printer

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
william-bill Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

As far as I understoot: scan to Email only works by uploading my scans to an HP owned cloud, I can not scan to Email providing my own e-mail address, smtp etc. Is that correct?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
24555 24312 4391 9349
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

You can scan to your own mail, but not via SMTP.

The app sends the email to your own email or any other email you select through the app. however, the mail being sent via HP Cloud servers and not by your SMTP server.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation