Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I'm facing an issue with HP scanner with the subject error (scanner error -- 8, [(1,0,-2147221502)]). please advise... details given below.

HP Deskjet 2480 all in one printer, scanner, copier

Windows 8 64 bit

Hp software downloaded online with windows 8 compatibility 

if anymore details required, please let me know.

regards

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from www.hp.com/go/tools

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Downlowded utility software and troubleshooted, but the problem not solved.

"Device Error" message showing.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with error 8,[(1,0,-1)]. I have windows 7 64bit and HP scanjet 5590. 

Steps I've taken

1. Uninstall all hp software and reinstalled HP Scanjet software 14.5- (setup_full_5590_14-5.exe)

2. In device manager, the driver always installs correctly (no exclamation points), but every time you open the hp scanning software, you get the HP imaging device was not found. Try the following steps. After each step, try scanning again.

-make sure device is on (of course it is, device manger recognizes it fine

-turn off and on, wait 60 seconds (tried)

-reboot (tried)

-uninstall and reinstall the device (tried, removed in device manager and rescanned, same error)

-reinstalled software (tried)

3. Use HP scan and print doctor version 4.3, does not find the scanner

HP Recommended

I am also experiencing this Imaging device error popup, although my scanner works fine from within Windows Live Photo Gallery and the HP Solutions Center tool.  Maybe it's the scanner monitor CB029A.

As an old programmer, it would seem to me that if you can generate an error message with 13 digits, you aught to know exactly where in the code it is hence provide a human-readable explanation of what is exactly the problem, then be that much closer to fixing it  

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please perform the below mentioned steps that should resolve the issue.

Click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Computer .
Double-click Local Disc (C .
Double-click Program Files .
Double-click HP .
Double-click Digital Imaging .
Double-click Bin .
Locate and double-click one of the following files. You will only have one to choose from.
Hpiscnapp.exe
Hpqscnvw.exe
This will launch the HP Scan application.
Select New Scan , and then change any desired settings to the scan.
Click Accept to save the scan to the desired location.
Follow these steps if you need to save the scan as another file type, such as a .PDF:
Right-click the recently saved file to open it in another application, such as Microsoft Word.
Save the new scan as the desired file type.

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Hello jabzi.  I followed your procedure, and the scan works.  What I would like to really do is to get rid of the annoying window that randomly opens telling me my imaging device was not found, and that pile of error digits. it must be said that my connection is wireless, so maybe some kind of tcpip keepalive isnt happening and the socket gets closed by the OS, then the scanner status icon running in the background throws up that error.  

Not sure why that scanner icon is needed in my case, I dont ever use that 'Scan to PC" button on the AIO, I always initiate the scans from my PC.  

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please click HERE to access an alternate way to initiate scanning.

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

mr jabzi,

I am facing the same problem with my deskjet F2235, I tried to reboot and reinstall the device however that didnt solve the issue with my scanner, then I tried the steps u are proposing here but I couldn't access hpiscnapp due to an errorprinter.jpg

please help

regards,

Saber afrooz

HP Recommended

we have scanner error 8 on our HP LJ Mm1522nf

from reading your answers to this problem,

software?

the scanner cable is connected to the formatter?

would this be fixable updating the firmware, which places new codes in the board?

advise: to

[Personal Information Removed]

this is a rebust MFC

Technician
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.