Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Colour laser jet Pro MFP M377 dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I suddenly get dark smudges vertically on the left side of my prints. The interval is 5,7 CM .

I have tried replacing  and cleaning the toner with no result. The cleaning page leaves a blank(white) area where the smudge normally shows. Any suggestions as to which part I can try to clean? I guess it is a hardware problem...

A copy of a blank pageA copy of a blank page

This is a copy of a blank page - the text in the smudge is from the previous page I printed! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hardware problem damaged fuser roller, no cleaning will help.

Fuser needs to be replaced, it will probably cost more than a new printer, the fuser only is around 300 EUR.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hardware problem damaged fuser roller, no cleaning will help.

Fuser needs to be replaced, it will probably cost more than a new printer, the fuser only is around 300 EUR.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.