Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

sti Error

LaserJet M1212nf MFP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

19-02-17 12-51-27 PM.jpg

There is a problem when I work the scanner to the printer and show me this letter I want to solve.

Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,387 2,230
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

sti Error

Hi @mshubair,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that you are having issues scanning on the one computer. You are getting the error "Sti Error! Video initialize error". I'd be really glad to help you with this,

It sounds like you are having issues with your operating system.

Did you add any new software or hardware to the computer?

Do you have any problems if you make a stand alone copy? What about scanning to another computer?

Does the error appear on the computer or on the printer? If it is on the computer could you take a screenshot of the error? 

Try scanning with a 300 DPI and saving it as a JPEG, to see if you have the same results.

Try scanning from Paint to see if you get the same error.

What size are you scanning? (DPI)

How are you saving the scan? (PDF, JPEG)

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Perform a Hard reset on the printer.

* With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

* Remove USB cable, if present.

* Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

* Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

* Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If you’re running Windows, I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. Please use this link to help you with that information: http://hp.care/2biN2XE 

Next thing, I would suggest you check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this website.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
  • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
  • Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer”  – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
  • Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
  • Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
  • Now restart your computer again.
  • Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
  • Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
  • Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
  • Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well.
  • Click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL32629/Im-80811-7/LJM1130_M1210_MFP_Full_Solution.exe and install the full feature software.
  • Connect the USB cable only when prompted.

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
mshubair
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

sti Error

Model Print: LaserJet M1212nf MFP

It is connected by the network when the scanner process show me this message only one device type of operating system Windows 64 bit

I want a solution to this letter 19-02-17 12-51-27 PM.jpg

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,387 2,230
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

sti Error

Hi @mshubair,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I see that you are connected to the network and having this issue on this PC. This sounds to be an issue with the Operating System.

Did you add any new software or hardware to the computer?

Try scanning with a 300 DPI and saving it as a JPEG, to see if you have the same results.

Try scanning from Paint to see if you get the same error.

What size are you scanning? (DPI)

How are you saving the scan? (PDF, JPEG)

I believe that the error might be an issue with your video card drivers. Update the drivers to see if that will help.

Update the JavaScript and DirectX on the computer.

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor? (did it print or scan, did everything have a green check mark, any error messages)

What applications have you tried to scan from? 

Please provide in detail the results if you are still having issues.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
goodby800
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

sti Error

sir i have tried as you described but fail, same error is still after complete procedure u told, 

0 Kudos
goodby800
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

sti Error

i m facing this error when scanning any documents, printing is ok, copy is ok, only when scaning this error occur, plz help, i tried many time unistall the old drivers and setup form my pc, i m using windows 10.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
19,813 15,148 309 1,174
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

sti Error

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation