Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@DIPT

According to the document from HP that I have attached in my previous post, the printer supports AirPrint.

We may check this on the EWS page of the printer.

1. Open a supported Web browser and then enter the printer's IP address or hostname in the address/URL field to open the Embedded Web Server (EWS).
  2. NOTE: If the web browser displays a message indicating that accessing the website might not be safe, select the option to continue to the website. Accessing this website will not harm the computer.
  3. Click the Networking tab, click TCP/IP Settings, and then click Network Identification.
  4. Click on AirPrint and check if it's enabled, if already enabled restart your computer and printer and check if the AirPrint shows up.

Due to the age of this printer, a firmware update is not available for macOS10.15

AirPrint drivers may not work on a USB connection.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks @KUMAR0307.

As instructed i went to EWB , i have little different settings.

DIPT_0-1587136759159.png

In advanced also i don't see the Airprint.

DIPT_1-1587136783726.png

Below is Network Summary.

DIPT_2-1587136840986.png

HP Recommended

@DIPT

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After going back and forth ,the response was these printer no longer supported

HP Recommended

@DIPT, that is unfortunate.

This is a pretty old printer to be supported on macOS 10.15. If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307, you've really tried but none of your solutions help us Mac OS Catalina owners who also are trying to save our HP CP1025nw printers. 

Is there no 32 bit to 64 bit translation software available from HP?

And... why not?

AirPrint is NOT supported. Bonjour does NOT work. Help us, Kumar. Please don't make us all buy new printers... ugh. Can you talk to your supervisors who might then talk to HP PR people to talk to software engineers to urge them (we would PAY) to develop a work around solution for this problem??

Thanks Kumar. MUCH appreciated.

HP Recommended

@bblair1963

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.

Although it is an old printer, it was working fine prior to MacOS Catalina 10.15, and I just spent $600 buying 4 cartridges and a new drum. I am not pleased to be told the printer is too old. Can HP do something to update the software, please?

If HP is serious about conservation, we should not be told to get rid of the printer and its cartridges etc. just because HP cannot be bothered to update the software. 

HP Recommended

@E_2020, Welcome to HP Support Community!

We shall escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem (including the endless back and forth with no resolution).

BUT, I just figured it out. You need to upgrade the firmware on the printer to 20130826. Then, you will be able to connect to the printer via AirPrint on your Mac Catalina computer.

The problem is that HP has not updated the firmware update software to run on Catalina. So how do you update the firmware then? You need a Mac with an OS that the firmware update software still runs on. One option would be to downgrade Catalina to the last version that supports the Firmware update software. Another would be to borrow someone else's older Mac. In my case, I still had my old Mac from 5 years ago and was able to run the firmware update using that system.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.