Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M608
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a fairly new M608 and the printer's fuser doesn't get up to temp to fuse the toner to the paper, labels, envelopes, anything. I have replaced the fuser and the new one has the same problem. Using 20# paper. Very frustrated. How can I increase the temp so the toner will fuse properly?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Make sure you have the latest firmware installed. Then under print quality change the humidity mode. Through the embedded web server it is possible to change the fuser temperature for each paper type.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I guess you are going to have to dumb it down for me.

How do I verify the firmware version on the printer?

Where do I learn if this is the most current version?

I couldn't find any humidity mode setting anywhere in any of the settings, can you tell me keystroke by keystroke?

What would I set it to if I could find it (for plain paper, envelopes, labels)?

Embedded web server...?

I'm using the little menu system on the printer itself. Should I be doing something from my computer instead?

I'm happy to follow a link somewhere with these details if such a place exists.

HP Recommended

Access the embedded web server by typing the IP address of the printer into the address bar on your browser. Current firmware version for your printer is 4.10  and can be downloaded from support.hp.com as well as user guides and manuals.

find your current firmware here in the embedded webserver. These screenshots are from a color unit but the layout of FS4 is nearly identical on all units monochrome or color (I have no monochrome units on my network)

firmware revision fs4.jpg

change the paper settings on this screen

fs4 print mode settings.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I found the menus. Screen shots were super helpful. I changed the humidity to high vs alternate since I had no idea what alternate means. The test page came out clean but labels still don't work. I changed the label and envelope humidity settings to high as well. Any additional thoughts?

HP Recommended

And my firmware bundle is 4.3, revision is 2403302_006075, date code 20170407

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.