Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
consult
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

touchscreen does not work. Power button does not work.

officejet pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Officejet pro 6968.  Touchscreen was unresponsive and then just went grey and does not function.  Power button also does not work - no longer lite up.  This has happened before where screen just goes black and printer does not respond.  Finally just unplugged and that seemed to work.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,542 11,533 557 591
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @consult,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers

I understand that you are facing issue with touchscreen and the power button.

No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

I have a few steps that should resolve your concern:  

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

If it works on bios, it's a software issue, update the drivers from the HP Website, if the issue persists: please reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue 

Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool

If it doesn't work on BIOS or the diagnostics tool either,  

it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service. 

Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful.
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Cheers!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
consult
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks but given my simplistic abilities, this did not seem to work.  The diagnostic tool told me it was only for HP PCs.  My issue is an HP printer and tool did not work.  I attempted to make sure all drivers were current and they seem to be.  Printer screen will work for short while, and so will power button, and then both stop working.  Screen does nothing and power button does not function.  Only way to turn off printer is to unplug.  I'm very disappointed if this is a hardware issue.  The screen had been randomly not functioning for a couple of months but I didn't think much about it.  Once I turned it off and back on it worked.  Now the power button failed and I find it my warranty ended last month.  I have been a life long user of HP but to potentially have hardware issues, one month after warranty expires, will be concerning at best.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,538 3,427
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is not a computer problem!!!   I see your PRINTER has issues.   Try this.

With the power on, unplug the unit from the wall outlet.  Wait 10 mins.  Plug the unit back into the wall outlet not using any power strip or surge protector.  Power the unit up if it does not.  Status now?

Do this 3-4 times.  If the same error occurs, your printer needs service.

consult
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks!  So far seems to have worked.  Did the unplug and plug twice.  Had the printer plugged into a power strip but only used the strip as an extension cord.  However, I moved some stuff around and plugged printer directly into outlet.  It's been a half a day but so far the printer wakes up, and the power switch has worked.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation