2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unable to connect laserjetP1102w to my internet

HPlaserjetP1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

trying to connect to new router, unable to do so to set up wireless printing

downloaded HP Smart however could not detect printer even tho connected with USB

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,109 6,102 390 476
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @karenco3

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. 

Connect the printer with WPS

1. Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.

If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to connect the printer with the HP Smart app.

2. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

3. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

4. On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.

NOTE: The printer stops searching for a WPS connection two minutes after the wireless button is pressed. If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

To install the printer on the PC, use Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
karenco3
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply. However these are the instructions in the manual that I have already tried. Not able to hook up wirelessly using WIP button.   Running Windows 10....have followed the instructions and downloaded Smarthp, new drivers,( info saying at one point no drivers available) followed the windows 10 help section in case that was the problem. All to no avail. 

Unfortunately the original start up disk is missing.  So am at standstill.....cannot communicate to printer with my laptop nor wirelessly set up with WIP. 

Any work arounds you can think of?

Thanks for your help

Cheers Karen

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,579 1,579 81 140
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@karenco3

Thank you for the update.

In the router temporarily remove all security from the router.   Now try to connect to your unsecured SSID.  Are you successful?

If yes, go back and add WPA2-AES with your password and try again.  Status now?

If no joy, try WPA only and try again.

Please let us know the result.

Have a nice day!!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,579 1,579 81 140
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@karenco3

I did not hear back from you yet. Please let me know whether your issue is resolved or you need additional help. 

Cheers 🙂 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation