Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wozzaa Top Student
Top Student
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when my hp cp5525 boots up the conrol pannel displays "replace toner collection unit"

hp cp5525

when my hp cp5525 boots up the conrol pannel displays "replace toner collection unit"  this i have done

and the message will not go. the printer on boot up makes no noise and does not perform it usual tests.

help!

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Professor
Professor
2,463 2,421 160 307
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when my hp cp5525 boots up the conrol pannel displays "replace toner collection unit"

I will try and give some information that might help.After cleaning out the toner waste bin maybe rinse it out with cold water and let it dry.

Then in the machine there is a sensor sensing that the bin is full ,make sure the sensor is clean.If the sensor see any toner it will not reset the error.Try to see how the sensor detects that the bin is full and makes sure that its is cleaned nicely.

Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
0 Kudos
wozzaa Top Student
Top Student
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have cleaned the senor and replaced the toner collection unit with a new unit. the printer does not make any noise on boot up and just goes to the request for replacement of the collection unit.. we have swapped the the formatter with a known good working unit which just has the same effect...could it be dc unit needs replacing?

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
7,140 7,121 556 994
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Remove the transfer belt and turn on the printer and see if you hear any noises and does it come where it asks for the transfer belt.

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
27 27 1 6
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi..

Toner collection unit is like wastage bin once its full need to replace new one.

After clean the wastage toner also it will show the same msg on the display since its Consumable part.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
19 19 2 3
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Honor Student,

Thank you for choosing HP.

Hope the below troubleshooting steps would help you

Replace the toner collection unit when the control panel prompts you.
   NOTE:
The toner collection unit is designed for a single use. Do not attempt to empty the toner collection unit and reuse it. Doing so could lead to toner being spilled inside the product, which could result in reduced print quality. After use, return the toner collection unit to HP’s Planet Partners program for recycling.
Open the rear door. Make sure that the door is completely open.
1 : Open the rear door

Grasp the top of the toner collection unit and remove it from the product.
2 : Location of the toner-collection unit

Place the attached cap over the opening at the top of the unit.
3: Location of the cap

Remove the new toner collection unit from its packaging.
4 : New toner-collection unit

Insert the bottom of the new unit into the product first and then push the top of the unit until it clicks into place.
5 : Location of the toner-collection unit

Close the rear door.
6 : Close the rear door

To recycle the used toner collection unit, follow the instructions included with the new toner collection unit.

Hope this should fix the error if followed correctly

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intern Intern
Intern
34 18 1 4
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would be more than glad to assist you.

Replace TCU error occurs as toner collection unit is full. The only way to get rid of this error is to replace it.

It is a one time use and consumable part in the printer.

Hence we would suggest you to replace it and  get printer in working condition.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

0 Kudos
Tutor PoojaN Tutor
Tutor
25 22 0 1
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Toner Collection bottle is almost full.
  • 10.31.60 (event code)- check the event log report if possibe from web page for the printer and if the log shows this error msg or smiliar error msg then the toner collection unit is full and need a replacement
  • Recommended action
Replace the toner collection unit
0 Kudos
wozzaa Top Student
Top Student
9 5 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done all of the above replaced with all genuin hp parts and the mesage still apears does anyone have any other solution...help!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation