cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

when printing documents we have shadowed areas and lines resembling duplication of printed doc.

HP Recommended
P3015
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

when printing docs im getting shadowed and duplicate parts of printed doc rolling down left and right side of page, sort of like ink on a roller and is stamping it down the page

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
Level 9
1,015 1,005 101 253
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @deantommo,

It sounds like your fuser needs replacing. But before doing so, check if this is the case by doing a half-page test:

Put paper in tray-1 and remove paper from tray-2.

Print something from tray-1, but when the paper is nearly pulled into the printer open the cartridge door.

The print will be interrupted. Take out the paper and check it. If those unwanted effects can been seen only after the paper has passed the fuser, then that certainly means that the fuser needs replacing. If not, then we need to further investigate the issue.

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IMG_20171201_133722[1].jpg

Yes i done the test as you advised and when i get paper out the printed half does have the shadowing and duplicate print on it . this is a photo of the issue on a normal printed doc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
Level 9
1,015 1,005 101 253
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Remove the fuser and inspect its cylinder surface for any damage. Replace the fuser if so.

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation