Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
acer cm-5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently upgraded windows 7 to windows 10.  But since i did that, i am not able to print.   The printer is a MFP M127fw and have connected to it wirelessly.  I have uninstalled the drivers, and re installed.  I have stopped and restarted print spooler.  I can find the printer on the network, and i can use the scanner.  But when i print... nothing happens.  And there is nothing in the spooler.  And i can't print any test pages.  I have uninstalled/re installed all the drivers on the hp website.  Numerous times.  

Now, other computers on the network are able to print to that printer, so its not a network thing.  

If someone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The M127 is supported by Win10:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-LaserJet-Pro-MFP-M127-series/5396666

Download the latest drivers from the link above.  Then reinstall.

Make sure that when you install the printer you are configuring the port name and the IP address correctly.  Your OS can send jobs to an IP address but it cannot send jobs to a port name.  I have flipped these two around before and had the same problem as you.

Its either your setup the ip address incorrectly or you setup the printer to send the jobs to another port from a different device.  That would result in print jobs leaving your machine but not making it to the printer too.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

That is the driver i have installed and uninstalled a couple of times, as it hasn't worked.    The port name is HPLaserJetProMFPM127fw.  and number is 9100.    Is there a different one i should be using?

HP Recommended

The protocol is 9100.  There is no need to configure this setting if you choose a normal TCP/IP networking port during the manual printer installation process.  Windows will use 9100 by default.

All you should need is a port name (HPLaserJetProMFPM127fw, but you can call it whatever you want) and an IP Address (192.168.1.xxx).  The IP address used during the network printer installation is the same IP that you would use to ping the printer or access the Embedded Web Server/admin page.

Here is an example of the Add a printer wizard:

https://www.technipages.com/windows-install-printer-via-ip-address

Notice how the only two options that you need are Hostname or IP Address and port Name.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

ya, i have tried adding a printer that way as well.  when done that way i get notices that my ink level is low... but still.. everytime i print.. nothing happens.  I can see them show up in the spooler.. and they disappear right away.

HP Recommended

The issue is windows itself read this article hope this helps 

https://www.therecycler.com/posts/caution-windows-10-update-causes-print-problems/

HP Recommended

oh... thats not good.... so... it is either waiting for a new patch.. or revert to windows 7... lol

HP Recommended

I checked that out... but ... could not find that update in my windows updates... as i just installed windows 10 on fri... and there are 2 updates in the system.. neither one the one that is apparently causing issues.

hopefully windows 10 comes out with a new patch soon.

thanks for your help though.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.