Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
photosmart c4780
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

upgraded from windows 7 to 10 without probs except that my photosmart printer c4780 will not scan nor does solutions center work.  Is my printer too old/not compatible or does anyone know where to find a printer driver for the c4780 that will work with windows 10?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @ehlig,

Welcome to the HP Forums, and thanks for posting!

I'd like to help you with your inquiry regarding Windows 10 drivers for your HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One printer.

Windows 10 has the same core operating system functions as Windows 8.1, so you can actually download and install the Windows 8.1 drivers for your Windows 10 system.

Please note : If your device had full supported (not just basic print or scan)in Windows 7 or 8 then your device is supported, but may not immediately show up on hp.com for Windows 10: Please download the Win8.1 drivers and use those (they have been tested and worked with Win10)

- Source

I checked our website, and there is full feature software available for Windows 8.1. You can download it here -  HP Photosmart C4700 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver

If you are having issues with the install package, try downloading and running the HP Printer Install Wizard and it will download the correct software for you.

Hope this helps!

Cat Happy

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi there and many thanks. Downloading the printer driver for windows 8.1 seems  to have solved the problem 🙂

brgds

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.