Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (76 Views)

won't print certain fonts in word, excel

Product Name: Laserjet MFP M277dw
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to print in word and excel. The basic fonts such as courier, courier new, Calbri, Amery, Times New Roman will not print.  I have the "see what's printing" window open for the printer and it flashes quickly "paused-spooling", but never prints.  

I can print in some fonts, such as Artistic, AbottOldStyle, Annual Condensed, etc. 

I have no issue printing from websites, notepad, pdf, etc.  

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, I've googled the issue and searched on this forum.  I am using Office Professional Plus 2013 on Windows 10.  

Any suggestions are appreciated.  

Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 2 (53 Views)

Re: won't print certain fonts in word, excel

I've no idea what the underlying cause of your symptoms might be, just a few notes:

• Courier, Calibri, Times New Roman are probably printer-resident fonts (i.e. the printer has its own fonts which should match the equivalent Windows display fonts).

• Artistic, AbbotOldStyle, Annual Condensed are not printer-resident fonts, so the application, in conjunction with the printer driver, has to convert the characters in the source document into either (encapsulated) raster images, or (more usually) dynamically generate and download a printer-format soft-font equivalent of the display font.

• Since you appear to be able to print OK from other applications, the problem would appear to be with Word (and/or its interaction with the printer driver), rather than with the printer, or printer driver itself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation