Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The Poly Video Conferencing Knowledge Base is live! We look forward to helping you with common issues and troubleshooting advice!
HP Recommended

I have 11 VSX 7000 systems that need to be upgraded to 8.7 for compatibility reasons (yes, they are old, but replacement budget is delayed and I need to fix). 2 of them won't get a key, just says "available but not entitled". All others worked fine.

Please help me figure out how to get 8.7 key for these 2 systems.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Paul_WB,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This simple means that you are not entitled to run that version of Software on these units.

The only way to follow this up and cross check the details of these units is to call Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This is not helpful. 8.7.1 has been offered on these units. Why would only 2 of my systems be un-entitled and the rest OK? Why do I need to pay $150 to make a phone call when it is the internet age, and when I don't even know if it will provide the solution? These units are going to be replace in the next few months, and the resolution to this problem will be the determining factor as to weather or not I stay with Polycom or switch to Cisco.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul_WB,

just a quick explanation that the Polycom community is not a replacement for our support Infrastructure.

I am unaware of any of the history or serial numbers of any of your units but based on your comments it seems that 2 of your units have been purchased before the release you want to upgrade to,

We release new version all the time and purchasing a codec only entitles you to upgrade within the one year of purchasing the unit within the same software version unless you purchase a service contract afterwards which will entitle you for further updates.

This is the standard behavior and your Polycom reseller who sold you the units should be able to confirm this for you.

The only way to follow this up is by calling support directly or work with your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.