Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Other

I used to go to this link to download update files for all of my Poly Codecs:

https://support.poly.com/support/s/article/knova-47441-nexgen-poly-os-upgradedowngrade-files-from-le...

However this link now just takes me to the HP homepage, and if I try to search for the SW using my serial number, I get asked for a product number, which we never had.  Our Poly maintenance only needed a serial number.

HSB4_0-1707418405713.png

So I cant even search for the SW now.   I tried using the chat feature to reach an agent through the HP site, but when I try to submit my query, nothing happens.   

HSB4_1-1707418549733.png

I'm having a very hard time getting support.   Anyone know how to find a product number, or how to find where the Poly Codec update SW?

Thanks so much!

Heather

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @HSB4 

thanks for following this up. If not done already please consider marking this as accept as solution.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @HSB4 ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

I just explained this to another poster. We had FAQ articles linked in the Video FAQ but since the move to HP, due to the retirement of the older knowledge base, they are no longer there. I do not know when I would find the time to try and re-create this at present either.

In regards to where you will find the software the Video FAQ contains:

• Jan 06, 2023 Question: Since the move from Poly to HP where can I download Software?
    ResolutionPlease see >here< for an explanation and create an Account for Poly Lens in the cloud

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Steffan,

This Poly Lens allows me to download the software, but that is a manual process.   I would like my Poly Codecs to be able to auto update - they use to be able to do this when the devices were configured to automatically update from downloads.polycom.com.  However since version 3.14.x, we had to enter a custom URL into the codec as shown below.   I used to get those URL's from the link I provided.   Where can I find those URLs now?   I do not want to manually download files from Lens.   Please advise your thoughts. 

HSB4_0-1707423126257.png

HP Recommended

Hello @HSB4 ,

as stated these were manually created posts that are no longer available as the previous knowledgebase has been retired.

If you use the Community search when I post new software I usually copy these up to version 4.0

As there are known caveats when upgrading devices with a paired TC8 that can cause the TC8 to fail I no longer post these. A device connected to the internet will automatically download the available next update.

A local server, containing a manually downloaded complete software from Poly Lens could also be utilized.

These are the only options available to you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you,

Just for Clarification, can I leave the 'Polycom Support Site' in the field shown below and then just check the box for Enable Auto Updates?  We need to be able to use the auto-update feature. 

Thanks for all of the quick replies, I appreciate it!

HSB4_1-1707427912681.png

HP Recommended

Hello @HSB4 ,

yes, this is the idea of the feature. I would set a time for office hours. Also, I would suggest looking at the free Service called Poly Lens as this gives you control over your estate.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you Steffan.

The issue was that when the old support document site was retired, it broke our auto updates because we had SSL Bypass on our firewall for the original sites Polycom had listed as necessary (support.poly.com).   Not the new site that all of the SW updates moved to.   So, we had to put in new request to firewall team to fix this.   We have the issue resolved now.   Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello @HSB4 

thanks for following this up. If not done already please consider marking this as accept as solution.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.