Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The Poly Video Conferencing Knowledge Base is live! We look forward to helping you with common issues and troubleshooting advice!
HP Recommended

I know this is most likely an MS issue but thought I raise this here and a notify.

Am in the process of updating Teams from 1449/1.0.96.2023050203 to 1449/1.0.96.2023060802

The x50s and TC8s are up to date Poly wise 4.0.1.380048 / 4.0.1-211044

When I update Teams via TAC, the x50 updates fast and with no issues. On the TC8 the download and install takes quite some time, eventually completes, reboots, you can see the TC8 trying to sign into inTune, then boots loops back to downloading and installing the Teams app.

I've left this to run a few times, then on the 4th when the TC8 is downloading the Teams app again I give the TC8 a power cycle.  It eventually tries to install the upgrade again, then looks like it is rolling bakk, reboots and then presented with the screen to connect to the name of the Poly x50, tap that and have to enter the code presented to on the X50 screen then bingo.

TAC is showing everything updated.

What I still need to try (when I get room access) is to hard power cycle the TC8 first before running the upgrade to see if that make a difference.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @FlashPan 

welcome back to the Poly community.

Look at the REST API in the FAQ as there is a way to reboot all.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for that, but sadly in my highly regulated environment with 4 geographic sites all on seperate networks with no local servers.  Getting anything like that local or in the cloud due to internal restraints will take so long the X series will probably be EOL 🙂

Just wish we could run a power cycle from LENS to the TC8s (still waiting for my wish to schedule a reboot via LENS 😉 )

Oh, yes and to add to my last post ending.  I did a power cycle on a TC8 and the Teams update went through fine like a hot knife through butter with no need to join/attach to the x50 again.

HP Recommended

Hi @FlashPan

You have my vote on the Restart all feature from Lens... I have seen it in a Poly Lens employee tenant, So I guess it will come at some point in time.

I have also created a script the uses Poly Lens API to reboot endpoints, and in the API documentations it is stated that you can reboot linked devices ( in my would Restart All Button).

But it is not working and I have reported as a bug to Poly Lens dev. Teams and the reply was that it is expected to work with Poly OS 4.1.... But don't know how the OS level should have an impact on Poly Lens API features.

Best regards - Dan Hemsø
Poly Video Professional (VIDEO-PRO) UC consultant
Remember mark as "Accepted Solutions" or if my reply/help is "Helpful"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.