cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
govtdog
Level 2
19 8 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

17-w033dx ssd m.02 upgrade

HP Recommended
17-w33dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop based on the HP upgrade potential for this laptop and once opened and now ready to install the highest level of M.2 pro expensive bought ssd.... there seems to be no place to install it according to the hP website????

I buy and use currently about a dozen laptops from HP and no one else and bought this laptop at a horrid retail shop based on what I saw posted on my HP website .....

Is the laptop I bought not upgradable to what you said it is???????????

LMK and if not, I can still return it... and back up the envy to me and the other older envys to eeryone else in the chain.This is my first called OMEN.... blah blah blah... the boss has another toy.

Thanks, 

John

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
govtdog
Author
Level 2
19 8 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not sure if anyone saw this...

Got a new envy with slot 2 memory CRAP.... wanted me to return the whole laptop for 2 weeks....

so I bought a new better and and more expensive laptop from best buy.... and **bleep** if it isn;t really what HP advertises as that model....

I ONLY buy compaq/HP **bleep** since the early 1990s and never regretted it until now..... **bleep** is going on?

Now my brand new Best Buy bought HP Omen seems to be missing a M,2 slot ?

So, where the fark is it if it is there at all????????

Specs say I can install the $340 Samsung 512 spec ssd as sihown on the HP site... but where do I stick it otherwise than in the HP presidends ass?

LMK... as their spec calls for a very expensive m.2 512GB SSD module which they expect to only stick up their customers **bleep**????

John Morris

govtdog@msn.com

281-451-3212

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,370 90,247 11,601 24,884
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your machine 17-w33dx is not a right combination

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,370 90,247 11,601 24,884
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

17-w033dx is the right one. Omen 17 is a series of many Omen 17" laptops and they don't have some configuration. You machine is:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/OMEN-17-by-HP-Laptop-PC/10862328/model/11926638/document/c052266...

with option

Hybrid HDD configurations:

● 1 TB 5400 RPM 9.5 mm SSHD with 8 GB NAND

There a few other options, please check options/configurations of machines before going out and buy one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation