cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
iCeQubeTomato
Level 1
7 4 0 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

2014 HP Omen fan at maximum after gaming

HP Recommended
K5C63PA#ABG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Omen's fans go crazy loud whenever I finish gaming. Even the system is on idle and the CPU temp sits around 40-45c and GPU 37-45c the fans are still running at maximum speed. I have updated to the latest bios F35 and have the 'Fans always on' option disabled as well as Omen Control.

This is the first time it happened after having in for a lil more than a year. Anyone know what's going on?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @iCeQubeTomato,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read that currently your HP OMEN 15-5012tx Notebook and issues with the fans running for awhile. You could restore the BIOS to factory defaults help with this. Here is a document that will help restore the defaults on the fans settings.

Please let me know how this goes.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs up icon.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
iCeQubeTomato
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi @Mrstenter

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean by load bios back to default setup or rolling back to an older version of bios? I have reset bios to default before but it didnt solve the issue. If you are suggesting rolling back where do I find the previous bios releases?

Cheers
0 Kudos
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @iCeQubeTomato,

If you have restored the BIOS and it is still happening, please call us, they will be happy to assist you.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
iCeQubeTomato
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks @Mrstenter. I have contacted one of your support agent looks like I'll need to visit one of your service center soon.

0 Kudos
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an additional question:

Has your gaming environment changed?

EG: When you are playing are you on a table with a table cloth on it?

My Omen ramps up fans when gaming too, but doesn't take too long to calm down.

Gaming on a surfacethat restricts airflow may be the culprit.

Does rebooting get the unit to behave?

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation