cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BerkeP
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

6pin GPU to 8 pin GPU

HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 810-200nc
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I need to know one thing. I currently have a 6pin gpu and i will be upgrading to an 8pin gpu. Do I need to buy something for it to fit to the gpu or does the 8 pin cable come with the psu i ordered already?
3 REPLIES 3
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 6,789 488 959
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BerkeP Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! 

I came across your post where you are planning to change the GPU for the computer and wanted to know if the 6pin from the PSU will work for 8pin. I would like to provide my suggestion. 

Recommend you to replace the Power supply with a new one which supplies 8pin, I would not recommend you using an adapter as the voltage for the 6pin and 8pin would be different. 

You can refer to this 3rd party website for suggestions http://hp.care/2eMeli0 and http://hp.care/2eMfNRC

Disclaimer: We don't have any control over third party websites. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
BerkeP
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ok thanks!
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 6,788 488 959
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, 

If the suggestion provided by me helped you, please click &quot;Accepted Solution&quot; on the post that solves your issue, to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the &quot;Thumbs Up Icon&quot; below!<br><br>Regards,<br>

For further assistance, please reply and I will be happy to help you. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation