cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nardwuar
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

AC Adapter for HP Omen (and other laptop models)

HP Recommended
HP OMEN Notebook PC 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a second power adapter for my HP Omen but am unsure of which one to get.

The stock adapter is a 120W but the secondary adapter option found in the Omen's 'customize your purchase' is a 90W (see image below).

I much prefer the 90W slim for travel purposes. Am I safe to buy this adapter for my laptop? If not, is the HP website wrong to be offering it as an accessory to the laptop.  If I do buy the 90W, is there a potential for throttling issues ?

Thanks.

secondary.JPG

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,689 44,466 7,168 12,712
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also try to carry a smaller AC adapter with my laptop when traveling to save weight and space. The lower wattage adapter charges the battery more slowly, but is fully capable of running the laptop. The battery acts as a power buffer in any event. You will not notice throttling of the processor or any other adverse effects. The 120w AC adapter for the Omen is very large and not really very travel-friendly.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.  

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation