cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sensi_SeedsPT
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

AMD Radeon HD 7690m XT freezes

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 6c30ep
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 6c30ep with a AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT and a Intel HD Graphics 3000. I installed all drivers from HP Drivers. I went to the AMD drivers official site and downloaded the last version that they say that is for my laptop. It's the Omega 14.12... After a little "fight" i got it installed and then i reboot the PC. He starts perfectly, i entered my password... So far so good.

After a while the PC freezes for, like, 2 minutes and get back to normal. I rebooted, and the problem stills there.

I would like to know what is the real problem with my PC. Before the graphical upgrades it was fine, after the installation this "freeze" problem shows up... By the way, before the upgrade games dont run smoot and after games run perfect. The problem is this freezing issue.

Can anyone tell a sollution for my problem??

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Sensi_SeedsPT ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue HP Pavilion dv6-6c30ep Notebook and issues with graphic software. You have the incorrect update for your system. Here are the drivers for your device. I would uninstall both and restart the computer, then reinstall only the AMD. It will include the Amd Graphics Driver and Catalyst Control Center restart the computer.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system.

You can, also do a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook.

When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Sensi_SeedsPT
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply... I already installed the drive that u linked for me, and games dont run so good! They seem to get some lag! But when i install the Omega 14.12 from AMD, besides freezing, games run perfect!!

Can i do something else instead of install that driver that u suggested?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Sensi_SeedsPT  ,

Thank you for all the information, very helpful and thanks for trying the suggestions. With the Omen software installed on your Notebook I would reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. Which has helped others.

I would also run the updates just to make sure all has been taken care of.

Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArizonaEngineer
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I have a DV6t-6c00 laptop with the same exact freezing behavior as the OP (rebooting, waking up from sleep, or cold booting takes around 2 minutes), and beyond that, in the first 30s after loading it sometimes temporarily freezes up, but after that performance is good (including in 3D games).  I'm running Windows 10 Pro with the latest AMD Catalyst Control Center.  My laptop just passed a memory test, and it has the latest BIOS version, F1C.  I tried resetting Windows 10 with a boot USB I made, but to no avail.  I also ran the System File Checker (SFC) after reinstalling Windows; it found errors but repaired them.

Detailed specs:

-AMD Radeon 6770m (not 7690m XT) plus Intel HD3000 graphics (BIOS set to switch graphics in Windows)

-16GB RAM

-256GB SSD

-2nd generation i7

-No USB perhiperals connected to computer

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArizonaEngineer
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Uninstalling the AMD driver (which was automatically installed by Windows 10) and CCC removed the startup problem.  Now how to get my graphics performance back....

0 Kudos
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @ArizonaEngineer,

Thanks for the additional information on the drivers. There are no drivers at this time for the Notebook. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation