cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JuanMHurtado
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

After Trying Ubuntu Wifi is disabled both for Windows 10 and Ubuntu

HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Omen computer. I want ot install Ubuntu as Dual Boot so i can switch from using Windows 10 to Ubuntu.

Created a Windows backup in case it went wrong.

As soon as I boot using a USB and Ubuntu in "try" mode (no installed), my Wi-Fi switch stops working, both for Windows 10 and Ubuntu.

When I run a diagnose using Windows, i get (translated from Spanish) "Wireless functionality is deactivated".

Have tried toggling the fn + F12, but that only puts me in "Airplane Mode" and back, with no results. 

Restored computer to my saved image and WiFi worked again; tried Ubuntu USB on try mode once more; same result, disabling wifi switch and funcionality both for Windows and Ubuntu.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation