Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I was looking for alternatives to the HP OMEN CONTROL panel. More specifically the LED lighting. Are there any alternatives that would make the keyboard flash or change colors on loop. Just something a little more flashy than the variable color selection. Also if there isn't alternatives is there a way I could get the OpCodes that control the lights? Or a basic overview of how their setup? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@taylorcoons

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are looking for alternatives of changing the LED variables on the keypad,

The HP Omen control panel allows you to change the lights and how it functions and if it isn't: Click here for steps to resolve.

Here's a list of functionalities supported by the HP Omen Control:

• Working with user profiles
  • Programming the gaming keys
  • Customizing the lighting for each keyboard zone
  • Using the Advanced keyboard settings

HP OMEN Control is a utility that allows you to customize your keyboard for your specific gaming needs, for details: Click here

Keep me posted,
If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! Thanks for the respose. I know you're an employee and probably a fan of HP. Me too I like the computer but I currently have the HP Omen Control Panel but was looking for something more. It doesn't have all the functionality I want. Also on top of that I was wondering if there was documentation on the OpCodes for the LED's. I'm a comp sci major and it would be a fun project to program my own controller to add the functionality I want. 

HP Recommended

Hi@tayorcoons,

Thanks for the responding.

Glad to know that you are working on a project to create your own Omen control software to control the LED lighting.

To answer your queries, there are no OpCodes available and Other than HP Omen control, I don’t find any third party controllers.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.