cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
flipwilson1234
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Annoying variable/fluctuating audio volume during music playback

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a new HP OMEN 15", SKU J2W12AV#ABA, BIOS Insyde F.23, Win 8.1 Pro

I'm getting the variable volume leels when playing music in iTunes. If a song has a part where it gets louder, something dampens the volume. It's like it's some "protect your ears" features kicking in but it's very annoying because I want to hear the music as it was recorded and meant to be heard.

I've checked and played with the playback settings in iTunes and settings in the Beats Audio panel but nothing seems to help. I've also kept up to date with the updates from the HP Support tool and I'm not getting any fixes from there.

I saw on one thread here from 2012 to uninstall the IDT audio driver from Device Manager and let Windows reinstall it with one that will work, but I want some confirmation that this is the right solution or not before doing it. My last HP Envy dv6 had all kinds of audio problems with IDT drivers that I don't want to start seeing those problems here with my new laptop.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
D5GR
Retired
Retired
3,533 3,002 182 479
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@flipwilson1234,

Hello and thanks for posting on the HP support forums.  First thing I would try is another audio software for playback.  I had the same problem with itunes and it was the way it handled the audio codec and worked with the chipset.  

I tried Windows Media player and had no issue.  So to make sure I used VLC media player it is a free download and two others that are free music only players and had no issue.  When I went back to itunes the problem was still there.

Now if you go to the hp support page and download the latest drivers for IDT and beats audio and save them to a memory stick.  Go and then boot into safe mode.  Uninstall the audio drivers in safe mode one at a time you may have to reboot between uninstalls.  Remember to boot back into safe mode to remove the next.

HP PCs - Windows 8 Safe Mode

Once the drivers are removed then boot into windows normally and then just run the windows installer for the device and point to the memory stick for the driver.

If this fails and all other media player work fine then contact apple support for itunes.

HP OMEN Notebook - 15t-5000 CTO - Software and Drivers

Please let me know how things go.  Thanks again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation